Image Map

post #18 - Basil {Restaurant Review}

02 July 2013

Columbia Cuisine - Basil!

On Friday night, I went with a friend to try out a new restaurant in Columbia called Basil. While Basil is new to Columbia, it's not new to Charleston or Charlotte- I have several friends who are regulars there. I haven't been to any of the locations, so when my friend suggested it, I couldn't wait to visit.

I tried the Pear Martini, and she tried the Thai Tea Martini. We were both happy with our choices!

(Pear Martini)

(Thai Tea Martini)

I got some recommendations going in from the Charleston friends, since the menu is a little overwhelming if you don't eat Thai on the regular. I enjoy it, but I definitely don't eat it regularly. Both friends suggested the Pad Thai, which is the international dish of Thailand. I figured I couldn't go wrong with this choice, and it was delicious!!

(rice noodles stir fried with chicken, shrimp, eggs, bean sprouts, scallions, peanuts, and pad thai sauce. garnished with fresh bean spouts and a wedge of lime)

My friend got the Basil Tilapia, which looked amazing as well!

(lightly floured, deep fried, topped with vegetables and stir fry sauce with fresh jalapenos)

For those of you who like it spicy, you can choose the heat of your meal. I didn't need any extra spice, but my friend got it HOT! (She said it wasn't super spicy).

Neither one of us can wait to go back to Basil! We had great service and a truly enjoyable evening. Next time, we'll bring the husbands along to get their take on the food. The dishes were delicious and large (with enough for leftovers!) so we think they'll be satisfied.

Until next time!
MBC

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin, Blogger, Facebook, and Instagram!

Did you miss my post on my favorites last week? Check it out here!

Basil Thai Cuisine on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment